Tuesday, April 19, 2011

We're Back!

Well, we made it.


I hope our kids did not conjure up this image when they learned of our arrival!

I'm back!


We put many miles on the Tundra since our departure in January.


It was a great trip.

The last leg of our journey took us to Kansas. I would not be lying if I told you that for the first time I was scared to sleep in our camper. The weather was not pretty last Friday night.


Fortunately, we survived. We attended a class in the small town of Yates Center, Kansas on Saturday to become certified judges for the Kansas City Barbeque Society. Paul and I spent the day with twenty other people taking notes, tasting food, judging and discussing what makes good barbeque. It was a very fun experience.



The next step for us is to sign up to judge at a competition or two this summer. We took notes to share with our nephews, Chad and Kevin, as we hope to work on their team at a competition this summer as well. Next winter, we plan to look into the possibility of judging a competition on our route home from Florida.

We got up early Sunday morning and decided to make the trip home in one day. There wasn't much stopping us!



And, now, we will look around our beautiful state and enjoy the spring.


That is, if it ever gets here! Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Marlys said...

That last statement was so true! It's like Mother Nature was downloading spring and the file was corrupted! I hope the experts get it rebooted soon! Have I been at a computer too long? I'm so glad you had a good trip home and also that your camper survived that nasty weather! That would be very scary!