Monday, August 9, 2010

August Dinner Party

Paul and I hosted our dinner group on Saturday.  It was a fun, fun evening for us. We worked together for two days to prepare the dishes for the summer menu we selected.


You can find the food recipes in my collection.
Paul used his napkin folding skills and we found flowers and herbs in our yard to "top off" the table setting.


All of the preparations were worth every minute to us because we love to get together with these people!!! We have known Char and Joe Koppi


and Pam and Dave Jaye


for over thirty years. In the six years we have been a dinner group,  Paul and I have grown very comfortable cooking for them. All four are excellent cooks and we are all very supportive of each other's culinary experimentations.

After dinner, we sat on the patio and discussed what is right (and wrong) with the world while the guys smoked cigars.


We would have solved all problems, but a thunderstorm interrupted us. I guess we will have to take care of that the next time we get together.

Paul and I are going to finally get the camper out of the yard at the end of the week. Hurray! I'll talk to you soon. Until then, bon appétit!

5 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

What a delectable menu! Sounds like it was a great evening. It's awesome that you have friends that have been in your life for so many years!

Have fun camping! Can't wait to hear/read all about it. :)

Freely Living Life said...

Sounds like a great evening and a delicious dinner! :)

Horray for getting the camper out!

Enjoy!

Abby said...

Wow, Barb - that menu looks incredible! I hope some day I can host incredible dinner parties even half as impressive as that!

Mouth is water!!

Have a great time camping this weekend!! Can't wait to read about the happenings and see the great pictures!

Marlys said...

That menu blew me away! It is good you are retired or you couldn't do that, right? Table looked so beautiful! I am looking forward to seeing you on Sunday - will get in touch with you about it!

stevenjared0853 said...

Wonderful dinner party. Everyone seems very happy and enjoying the day. Recently I too attended my cousin’s dinner party at one of venue NYC where she arranged delicious food that was really loved by me. Had a great time there.