Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Barbecue Recipes

Jayne and Tom joined us last night for a
Paul and I wanted to try some new recipes. It's nice to feel so comfortable with people we can invite them without hesitation to taste dishes for the first time. Jayne and Tom brought Strawberry Shortcake. I'm always happy when people offer to bring dessert because those recipes are out of my comfort zone!


We are in the experimental stages with our electric smoker and this was our first attempt at spare ribs. I think these were our most successful to date. I also wanted to make baked beans to try to achieve those homemade beans I remember from childhood. The potato salad and ancho chile butter recipes caught my attention from the latest edition of Bon Appétit.



Here are the recipes with our notes:
Blue Ribbon Barbecue Ribs
Potato Salad with Pancetta, Rosemary and Lemon
Sweet Corn with Honey-Ancho Chile Butter
Barbecue Baked Beans

I love summer time cooking.


Well, I love cooking all year, but I especially love summer time cooking. Try these recipes, I think you might enjoy them! Talk to you soon.

4 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum - everything looks very tasty! Glad you had a great 4th! now I am sort of craving potato salad. Surprisingly enough, we didn't have any this weekend. Which is sort of shocking as I think that is one of my mom's signature dishes that everyone loves!

Jamie and Missy said...

Zuel's going to try the chile butter recipe this week, and I just decided to make Salad on the Wild Side for the golf tournament this year. God, I love food.
Belated Independence Day greetings, Barb!

Marlys said...

Mmm-Mmm delicious! I read the recipes and they really sound like ones to try! I often think about our childhood 4th of July's! They were memory makers, for sure!

Abby said...

Yum! That sounds like a delicious spread! Perfect way of doing the 4th of July! I have the ancho chile butter sweet corn recipe posted on my fridge right now from Bon Appetit, actually! Yum!

Glad you had a great 4th!