Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Inspiration does or does not happen.

I have been feeling a little sorry for myself lately.


I have always been driven by goals.


I did not feel inspired to finish writing about our trip up north.




Was a big blue funk heading my way?



Where could I turn?


A creative outlet has always helped me feel grounded.



Good grief, Barb. Just stop.  Life could be much worse. After all, you don't even have to work anymore for heaven's sake.


Whew! That's better. I needed to get over myself.


If I don't feel the inspiration, I don't have to tackle the task. I worked hard for a long time to earn the right to say that.



Everyone feels down once in awhile.  I'll get back to this blog again soon, I hope. I am sure I'll be inspired by something!

6 comments:

Freely Living Life said...

It's happens to all of us! Blogging about not being inspired is healthy.

Blogging should be fun. Only blog when it comes to you and it will never feel like a chore.

We enjoy peeking in on your blog daily to see what you are up to. You have a humorous way of blogging and we appreciate that.

We'll be here. Recharge and you'll have a fresh mind.

{{hugs}}

Jennifer said...

I woke up thinking about you this morning, so was happy to see that you had a post.

I want you to know I am wishing you well. I won't offer you any annoying "You can do it!" pull-yourself-up cliches...

I know (and the blogosphere knows) that sometimes I just don't feel well.

I think it is helpful when we can all tell the truth about that.

Take care,

Jennifer

p.s. I'm stealing all of those comics.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I definitely go through phases where i feel awfully uninspired myself... I think it's better to acknowledge those feelings v. being all 'rah rah'.

Hope the clouds move out soon, though!

Marlys said...

Hang in there - it will get better! And we can't even blame it on PMS anymore - shucks! Your blogs always cheer me up, and the humor in this one did, too, even though you may not feel it! Love you!

Abby said...

Okay, 1st off - Mom's comment about "blaming it on PMS" definitely brought a smile out of me....

I think we all go through these "phases-o-funk" as I like to call them. So sending warm hugs and thoughts your way.

I am sorry that I don't have any inspiring words for you. I have been dubbed "Queen Negativity", Debby Downer lately. Woe to me. ;)

Hope the Twins put in a good win tonight to help cheer you up! :)

qwerkyqook said...

Boo. Requesting a nordic walking post with a pic of dads bruise.