Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Day!!



We are experiencing the first snowstorm of the winter.  A snow day is always a treat for kids (and their teachers.)  I'm retired and still am excited our district's students have the day off from their usual routine.

So, this will be my day:


                              
First, I will spend the day worrying about Suzanne. She has to drive in this weather to several VERY important interviews today. I will be glad to touch base with her tonight.






So, in the meantime, I have to:





Watch the snow come down.



Keep on eye on the stock pot full of simmering homemade soup.





Keep the fire going in the woodstove.


And bake some dinner rolls.


Can I think of more comforting things?

Did I mention the Christmas trees are decorated? And, I think I'll  finish my cards today.





Be careful out there.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ha ha ha ha. Loved the last cartoon.

I am coming over for some soup.

Enjoy the snow!

Jennifer

qwerkyqook said...

home safe! in one piece. brrrrrr

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I was thinking of Suzanne today, too. I bet it feels good to have those interviews behind her!!

I love snow days, too. Even when I have to work. People kind of have a different frame of mind on snow days.

Abby said...

I am glad to hear that Suzanne survived driving to the intervies and that all went well!!!

Reading your post made my stomach ache with longingness for home! I miss those cozy winter days...in moderation.

Sounds perfect!

Abby said...

I am glad to hear that Suzanne survived driving to the intervies and that all went well!!!

Reading your post made my stomach ache with longingness for home! I miss those cozy winter days...in moderation.

Sounds perfect!